Serato finally announce official accessory support for popular Denon DJ Players.
It’s been a long time coming but Serato today finally announce the support for the popular Denon DJ Prime 4 and SC5000M with the release of DJ Pro version 2.3.1. The update doesn’t bring any other new performance features but the integration to the players is impressive with 4 deck control and full touch screen capabilities on both players.
The Denon Prime 4
The Denon Prime 4 update allows Serato DJ to take full control and advantage of all the features of the unit. The Prime 4 also unlocks Serato meaning you can use DJ Pro fully even if you don’t already have a licence! With full touch screen integration including needle skip, library organisation and browsing it’s easy to set your laptop aside and just use the player. The unit can also edit beat grids, send individual channels to the zone output and control six of Serato’s internal effects all post fader!
● 10” touch screen with positionable angle
● XLR master, booth and zone outputs
● Six Serato FX controls with OLED screen parameter view
● Two dedicated mic channels with individual EQ, level and echo effect with instant on/off or
● 8 Performance Pads per deck letting you control Serato DJ Pro modes
● Serato DVS ready (DVS Expansion Pack required)
● Dedicated Beat Grid edit controls
● Track select knob with deck load buttons and back/forward navigation
The Denon DJ SC5000M
Finally! After the superb integration with the regular Denon SC5000 players, we all wondered how long it would take for the motorised versions to be supported. It was only last week we was questioning Serato at ADE about the lack of support as the motorised platter is somewhat of a dream device for turntablists. They said very soon and just a week later, here it is! The SC5000M just like the regular SC5000 player is just an supported accessory however and won’t unlock Serato like the Prime 4, a full licence will be needed to use these players in HID mode!
With full control over the motorised platter and fantastic touchscreen, here are the key features:
● 7” HD touch screen display
● 8 Performance Pads to control Serato DJ Pro modes
● Controls any of Serato DJ Pro’s 4 decks
● Die-cast aluminum platter with ultra-high resolution MIDI
● Variable Torque Adjustment
● Track select/load knob
● Auto loop with loop move and manual loop in/out controls